NEW! A tutorial for people (regardless of whether or not you are a current SCBWI member) wanting to join the message board for the first time.
The board is the same in most ways, but it is also different. Some things it is important for you to know before you try to access the new message board;
If you are a current member of SCBWI and you HAVE NEVER BEEN a registered member of the Blueboard
You MUST NOT REGISTER for the new message board. Your registration will be automatically deleted and will NOT go through!
- Just go to SCBWI's website.
- Click on SCBWI's Blueboard link.
- Then: Click Here for SCBWI's Blueboard.
- You will automatically be registered on the message board. Your email and password will be the same as they are to login to SCBWI's site.
- You should be able to see many SCBWI Only boards, as well as the complete registered members areas of the Blueboard.
- NOTE: If you see no green stars and/or just ONE "SCBWI Only" board, then you need assistance from SCBWI or one of the Administrators of the Blueboard. Ask for help by filling out a Trouble Ticket.
If you are a current member of SCBWI and HAVE BEEN or CURRENTLY ARE a registered member of the Blueboard
It is IMPERATIVE that your SCBWI email, logon name and password are exactly the same as your Blueboard email, login and password. If they are not, you will either experience difficulty in logging onto the Blueboard or you will find yourself with a different Blueboard profile when you get onto the board. You may also discover that you can only see ONE of the SCBWI Only boards, instead of all of them. All of these difficulties should disappear as soon as you have changed your profiles in SCBWI and/or the Blueboard so they match.
Once you have your profiles identical in both places, follow the instructions above for logging onto SCBWI's site and then the Blueboard.
If you are a registered member of the Blueboard and you have never been a member of SCBWI
You should be able to log onto the board as usual. All of your previous boards should be available to you. The main differences are:
- The board is now located on SCBWI's website, and you will notice their header above the board.
- You will not be able to see the newly added SCBWI Only boards.
Be sure to bookmark the Blueboard's new location so you won't have to wait for the "forwarding order" to take you to it from Verla Kay's website.
If you have never been a member of the Blueboard, (or if you are an expired member) AND you have never been a member of SCBWI
Just register for the message board by filling out an application for the Blueboard. Please note that it could take up a week for your application to be approved. You can speed things up if you put URL's and on-line links into your application that will let the Administrators know you are a legitimate person with an honest reason to want to be a part of this writing and illustrating for children community.